Codes of Practice
Complaints Handling MORE
Flogas is committed to providing our customers with a high level of customer services. However, at times you may feel that we have not achieved this. This procedure details the steps you need to take to raise your concerns.
Please contact us and let us know what your issue is. We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible and in the case of more complex complaints within 20 days. If you contact us by telephone, we aim to resolve your complaint during the course of the call. If this is not possible we will provide you with a contact name and a time frame within which you will receive a response.
If you contact us in writing, we guarantee that we will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of its receipt and we will respond within twenty working days. In some cases it may not be possible to resolve your complaint within 20 working days. In these cases we will contact you and agree a time frame with you. Where this occurs we will contact you and give you regular updates.
Our Contact Details:
Telephone: 1850 306 800
Address: Flogas Natural Gas, Knockbrack House, Matthews Lane, Donore Road, Drogheda,Co.Louth, Ireland.
Step 2If you believe we have not resolved your query you may request that it is escalated to our (Customer Service Manager). Our CSM will review your case and respond within 10 business days of the escalation.
Step 3Commission for Energy Regulation
If you believe we have not resolved your complaint you may refer it to the Commission for Energy Regulation for review.
The Commission can only review your complaint if you have completed the full Flogas complaints process.
Contact details for the Commission Are:
Telephone: 01 - 4000 800
Address: Commission for Energy Regulation,
Belgard Square North,
Billing & Disconnection
Flogas are committed to assisting you where possible, however you must pay for gas that you use. If you find yourself in difficulty, please contact Flogas immediately to make arrangements and to assist in avoiding your supply being disconnected.
Flogas will issue your bills bimonthly and no later than one month after the receipt of meter reading data or estimate for the billing period involved except in situations where the customer has agreed otherwise or where the meter reading data appears erroneous.
Where in exceptional circumstances there is a delay in billing we will contact you within 10 working days of becoming aware of the delay to notify you of the late billing.
Where bills are provided that are not based on actual meter readings (e.g. Estimated Bills) the bill will be clearly marked as an estimated bill or otherwise.
Your bill will clearly indicate the period that the bill relates to including any retrospective charges.
In the event of a billing complaint arising, it will be resolved through our Complaints Procedure which has been approved by the Commission for Energy Regulation.
Content of Bills MORE
Your bill will contain details on:
Front of Bill
Customer/Bill Identification Detail
Meter Reading Details
Financial Details (including calculations)
Payment Slip (tear-off)
The Bord Gáis Networks Emergency/fault reporting contact number
Reverse Side Information Box
Customer/Bill Identification Details
- Customer Name & Address (including billing address and supply address where different)
- Gas Point Registration Number (GPRN)
- Customer Account Number
- Period for which the bill relates (from and to dates)
- Date of issue of bill
- Usage Band
Meter Reading Details
- Your unique Meter Identification Number
- Meter Readings, details which the bill is based on, with an indication of the type of reading (A = actual reading, E = estimated reading, C = customer reading). These codes are explained on the bill.
- A calculation of the amount of gas used
- The conversion factor used (cubic meters to kWh)
- The actual Gas used, measured in Kilowatt-hours (kWh)
- Any amounts outstanding from previous bill(s) if applicable this is the first amount shown on the bill Gas used (kWh), price per kWh, and amount due for gas used
- Supply charge for the billing period
- Any other charges, such as penalties
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Department of Family and Social Affairs (DFSA) Natural Gas allowance if relevant, shown as a credit on bill
- Total bill amount (sum of individual charges, less DFSA allowance if relevant)
- Payment due date (if the bill is zero or is in credit this will contain the phrase No Payment Required).
Payment Slip (tear-off)
- Flogas Natural Gas contact details
- Customer Account Number
- Transaction Date (date of issue)
- Total Due
- Barcode for Post Office payment incorporating the following data: company identification (Flogas Natural Gas); Customer Number; Amount due (this information is repeated in numerical form in the bottom of the slip)
Bord Gáis Networks Emergency/Fault Reporting Contact Number In the event of an emergency or a fault being identified, Bord Gáis Networks should be contacted at 1850 20 50 50
The message box is available for use as appropriate, e.g. for general messages to all or a group of customers, or for specific messages to an individual customer
Reverse Side Information Box
Specifies the information to be found on the back of the bill
Back of Bill Payment Methods
Gas & Appliance Safety
Specifies the methods of payment available to the customer
General contact details for Flogas Natural Gas
Gas & Appliance Safety
Bord Gáis Emergency Service number plus safety advice
Details on what customers should do when moving home including cancellation of supply contract
Information on overdue accounts, disconnection and contact details for our Credit Control Department.
Brief description of complaints handling procedure, and related contact details. This includes a reference to the consumer's right to refer unresolved disputes to the CER, and CER contact information.
Payment of Bills MORE
You will be given 14 days to pay your bill.
You may pay your bills in the following ways:-
At any Post Office or Retail Outlet displaying the 'Postpoint' sign
BOI and AIB Telephone/Internet Payment services
In the case of new customers who have no credit history with Flogas, we require a security deposit of €390.00 to be paid or alternatively where the customer chooses to pay by Direct Debit, a reduced deposit of €250.00 applies. The deposit is refunded to you when:
(a) your account is closed and any outstanding balance settled
(b) you can demonstrate that you are a homeowner and have a good credit history with Flogas of at least 16 months
Disconnection of Gas Supply
Your supply of gas may be disconnected for a number of reasons:
- Failure to pay your bills
- Failure to provide the required Security Deposit
- Safety or Emergency Situations
- If you request it
Flogas will not request a disconnection
- Where a customer has entered into a payment plan and is honouring that arrangement
- Where a customer is pursuing a complaint using the complaint handling procedures and the complaint is related to the reason for disconnection. A customer pursuing a complaint in this manner will be required to pay any portion of the bill that is not in dispute and any subsequent bill that is issued
- For failure to pay a bill which is not directly related to the supply of gas (e.g. failure to comply with the terms of a hire purchase agreement related to the purchase of a gas boiler or any service given outside the supply of gas)
- For failure to pay a bill based on a regular estimate unless it is fair and reasonable in the circumstances
- During the Winter months (October to March) where a person of pensionable age is living alone, with another person of pensionable age or where minors are dependant on persons of pensionable age
In the event that gas bills and/or Security Deposits remain unpaid, your Account may be selected for disconnection. Should this occur, Flogas will issue you with a Notice of Disconnection. This notice will give you 7 working days notice of our intention to request your disconnection. We will outline the reason for your disconnection and the cost of temporarily disconnecting/reconnecting your meter. We will give you contact details for our credit control department if you wish to make immediate payment or enter into an arrangement with Flogas.
Please note that in the event that you are scheduled for disconnection payment cannot be made to the Bord Gáis Networks operator when they call to perform the disconnection.
Contact details for our credit control department are as follows:
Telephone : 041-9874874
Fax : 041-9834652
- A customer who has been disconnected will not be reconnected unless:
- All outstanding payments, including the reconnection fee, have been made, or a repayment plan has been agreed
- The required security deposit has been paid
- A security bond, or other means of ensuring that disconnection for non-payment will not occur in the future, has been entered into, as deemed appropriate by Flogas Natural Gas
- If a customer has repeatedly been disconnected and reconnected, the customer may be subject to additional requirements (e.g. higher security bond, payment in advance) prior to reconnection. Any additional requirements will be determined by the Finance Director.
Flogas Natural Gas will ensure that marketing materials are accurate and specify the product(s) and period(s) covered.
Flogas Natural Gas will not misrepresent the company, or portray competing suppliers in an inaccurate or negative way.
A mechanism will be provided to enable current and potential customers to opt out of marketing campaigns.
Telephone calls and visits to premises of residential customers by staff (or others) for marketing purposes will only take place during the following times:
Weekdays: 8am to 9pm
Saturdays: 9am to 7pm
Sundays: no calls allowed
In addition, no calls are allowed on the following days:
Public or Bank Holidays
Marketing by Telephone
- Marketing staff will give the following information as soon as it is practicable:
- Caller’s name
- Company on whose behalf the call is being made (Flogas Natural Gas)
- Purpose of the call
- If a customer indicates at any time that he/she does not wish to continue, the call will cease (the customer will be asked if they wish to be taken off the marketing contact list).
Marketing at Customer’s Premises
Staff (or others) involved in marketing at the customer’s premises must:
- Show the customer their identity card *
- Inform the customer of the purpose of the visit
- Ask the customer if they wish to proceed
- If the customer does not wish to proceed, the visit will terminate, and the customer will be advised on how to be removed from the contact list
* The identity card contains the following information: full name of representative, photograph, name, address and contact number for Flogas Natural Gas
Marketing via E-mail/SMS
The following information will be provided:
- Flogas Natural Gas name, address;
- e-mail and/or contact number.
- The customer will be provided with a method of unsubscribing at no cost to them.
- Flogas Natural Gas will operate an "opt-in" scheme for e-mail/SMS marketing.
E-mail and SMS marketing targeted at potential customers will be carried out in accordance with S.I. 535 of 2003 – European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations.
Maintenance of Customer Contact List MORE
Removal of Customers
If a customer indicates (orally, in writing, or by e-mail) that they do not wish to be contacted again for marketing purposes, the customer will be removed from the contact list, or suitably flagged, within 28 days, to ensure that they are not contacted again.
If requested by the customer, written confirmation will be provided within 40 days of receiving the request (in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003).
If an external supplier is used for marketing, all requests for removal will be forwarded to the supplier.
Protection of Customer Data
Flogas Natural Gas will act in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 at all times.
Customer data will be used only for those purposes related to the supply of natural gas, and as authorised by the customer.
Customer data will not be passed on to third parties, with the following exceptions:
- Data supplied to Bord Gáis Networks
- Other authorised suppliers of Flogas Natural Gas
In these cases, only data necessary for the carrying out of the appropriate supplier activities will be provided.
Further details on the Flogas Natural Gas data protection policies and procedures are contained in the Flogas Natural Gas Ltd. Data Protection Notice.